Thursday, August 12, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Evolution




Have your reading choices changed over the years? Or pretty much stayed the same? (And yes, from childhood to adulthood we usually read different things, but some people stick to basically the same kind of book their entire lives, so...)

***

When I was a child I read children books, comics and story books which were taken from the bible. My favorite children books were written by Enid Blyton such as The Five Find Outers and Famous Five series. Those books told stories about a group of children that were trying to solve mysteries.

At my teenage I read Japanese comic books. My favorites were Rose of Versailles and Eroica. Both are historical comics that took place in France during the Marie Antoinette and Napoleon Bonaparte's time. I also read Agatha Christie's novel that I borrowed from my friends and relatives.

Nowadays I prefer literature novel because it reveals social realities in the society throughout the world. It sharpens our mind to respond concerning the social problems around us and refine our manners in seeing the matters in a more humane perspective way.

2 comments:

  1. I used to read all kinds of books as a kid, but now I mainly read fiction. I cannot agree with you that literature embraces social issues and affords a glimpse of our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good work of literature should :)

    ReplyDelete